The 2018 nnpc/snepco scholarship application is now ongoing. All undergraduate students in 200Level studying any of the underlisted courses in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Sciences, Mathematic should endeavour to apply. […]
The 2018 nnpc/snepco scholarship application is now ongoing. All undergraduate students in 200Level studying any of the underlisted courses in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Sciences, Mathematic should endeavour to apply.
About SNEPCO Undergraduate Scholarship
The SNEPCO Scholarship sponsored by Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) offers second year (200 Level) students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant for the full duration of their course. The SNEPCO scholarship is worth NGN100,000 or NGN150,000(unconfirmed) and is tenable throughout the duration of your course of study. The SNEPCO Scholarship programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
Snepco scholarship Application Deadline: 24th September 2018
Eligible Courses for 2018 SNEPCO Scholarship
Students studying any of the following courses are eligible to apply as long as they are in 200Level and have gained admission in the 2017/2018 academic session.
- Engineering: Electrical, Computer engineering, Finance, Chemical,Petroleum, Marine,Mechanical, Materials /Corrosion, Civil, Instrumentaion, Material Engineering etc,
- Health Related Field: (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy,etc),
- Sciences (Agriculture, Computer science, Geosciences/Geology, Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics)
- Social & Management Sciences(Economics, Finance)
Note: we are still yet to verify the departments/courses listed above, hence we advise everyone to start the application and confirm if their department is covered.
Eligibility Requirements for 2018 SNEPCO Undergraduate Scholarship
For you to be considered eligible to apply for the 2018 snepco undergraduate scholarship you must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Be currently enrolled full‐time, in an accredited university in Nigeria(by the NUC) at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 – 5.0 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
- Have gained admission during the 2017/2018 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or international)
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
How to apply for 2018 SNEPCO Scholarship
To start application, you need the following documents:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes) (preferably with a white background. See this guide for more details);
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State – Local Goverment Certificate.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
Before you start applying for 2018 snepco undergraduate Scholarship ensure you have a personal valid email account needed for consistent communication.
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online using the snepco scholarship application portal: www.nnpc-snepco-scholarship.shell.com.
Timeline for SNEPCO Undergraduate Scholarship Award
The snepco scholarship program works as follows:
- Registration: Create your online applicant profile (i.e. User Name and Password) by clicking on “Create User Account”, and follow the on-screen prompts. Upon completion of your profile registration, the system displays a message acknowledging your profile, and an email is sent acknowledging same.
- On-Line Application – Click on the “Apply Now” button, and follow the on-screen prompts. Identify and apply for the scholarship category that you qualify for. Review and update your candidate profile. The system displays a message acknowledging your application and sends an e-mail confirming receipt of your application.
- Selection – Your resume would be reviewed against loaded credentials. If selected, you would be contacted.
- Aptitude Test – Once selected, you would be advised of details/arrangements for the Aptitude Test via email and surface mails.
Reference Checks and Background Verification Process – The snepco scholarship (SEPCiN Scholarship Team) and the appropriate examination bodies would conduct reference checks and background verification as part of the screening process prior to award; and re-verification post award.
- Scholarship Award – – If selected for an award, you would be contacted by the snepco scholarship(SEPCiN Scholarship Team), and the terms and conditions of the award offer will be sent, along with the deadline for acceptance.
NOTE: snepco scholarship aptitude test date will be communicated to those shortlisted only
Other Necessary tips when applying for SNEPCO undergraduate scholarship
- Document size should not exceed 200Kb
- Beware of fraudulent websites who may claim to be affiliated with snepco scholarship, scholarship application is free, do not pay money to anyone.
- Snepco scholarship do not accept email applications. All applications are to be submitted online via their portal: https://www.nnpc-snepco-scholarship.shell.com/
- Any candidate who presents false documents will automatically be disqualified
- SNEPCO Scholarship team does not assign Representatives to assist students on scholarship application.
SNEPCO Scholarship Hot lines
You may want to try browsing the other categories of Frequently Asked Questions available on the Shell website. If you don’t find the answer to your question or would like to discuss your concerns, please contact the Scholarship Team at SNEPCO-Social-Performance@shell.com (if applying to SNEPCO for scholarship) so that we can advise you on how best to proceed.
Common Questions about SNEPCO Scholarship
What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Document size should be less than 1MB (use free online tools to reduce your image), the image format must be in JPG, JPEG, or PNG.
I cannot find my university in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your university is not in the dropdown list you can add the full name and address, choose titled “Others” from the dropdown and in the “OTHER UNIVERSITY” free text field
The current status of my application is ‘saved’. Does this mean that I have successfully applied for the scholarship?
No. It only means that you have filled in all the required information and have uploaded all the requested documents. However, you have not yet applied. To apply, you have to submit your application before the application deadline. If your application still has the status ‘saved’ after the application deadline, your application will not be considered.
Can I apply for more than one scholarship type at any given time?
NO. You are only expected to apply for one out of the two major award types (either the National Merit, or Areas of Operation Award).
Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online..
Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
The upload is done on the application page, after you have filled in all your details.