This is to announce the commencement of an ongoing internship opportunity in Common Wealth Office Nigeria with a supposed Starting monthly salary NGN 136,722 . This internship program is for six months and there are a few certifications required. Main purpose of this Program The main purpose of this […]
This is to announce the commencement of an ongoing internship opportunity in Common Wealth Office Nigeria with a supposed Starting monthly salary NGN 136,722 . This internship program is for six months and there are a few certifications required.
Main purpose of this Program
The main purpose of this role is to assist the IT support Officers in ensuring the smooth running of IT services across Nigeria British High Commission, and its state offices. The jobholder will perform IT Support Officer (ITSO) duties for staff. The intern will be joining a very busy IT section that provides support to not only Abuja but a number of state offices.
This is a particularly busy period for the section with a number of software and hardware deployments ongoing. The successful applicant will therefore need to demonstrate strong IT skills, balancing and prioritising the workload; have excellent communications skills and very good attention to detail.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist in pre-deployment tasks for new IT equipment
- Setting up of training sessions
- Responding to user requests sent to IT inbox
- Providing logistics support to deployment team
- Perform an inventory of IT assets
- Assist in post deployment exercises- (floor walking, logging calls and incidents)
- Assist in disposal of redundant IT Equipment
- Provide all other IT Support to users
- Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous experience in using Windows 10 , Microsoft Office 2016, Basic LAN/WAN configuration, Office 365, Internet and Intranet,
IP Telephony and IT Helpdesk Support
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- ITIL certification
- Leading and Communicating,
- Collaborating and Partnering,
- Managing a Quality Service,
- Delivering at Pace
Application deadline- 14 July 2018
START DATE: 15 August 2018
Other Additional information
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
More Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework